Traditionally, a manufacturer makes items and sells them to a distributor. The distributor, in turn, sells the product to retailers. Each step in the chain increases the end cost of the item, and it also serves as insurance for the step before. This is how Trugard Direct is able to keep costs down by cutting out the middle man and pass the savings onto you.
Trugard customers get FAST, FREE Shipping. Orders placed before 2:00 pm EST will generally ship the same day. Eastern United States will generally receive their order within 2-3 business days. Western United States orders will generally arrive within 3-4 business days. TrugardDirect.com Offers FREE shipping on all Orders over $100! Alaska and Hawaii may require additional shipping charges.
TruSlope One-slope shower trays are made of dense Expanded Polystyrene also known as high density Styrofoam. TruSlope’s One-slope shower trays are a viable alternative to the traditional sand mix shower mortar beds, especially when the low-profile and no-curb shower applications are desired, primarily because of several significant benefits. Some of these benefits include dramatically simplifying and speeding up the installation process, especially not having to wait overnight for the mortar bed to cure. Also there is the assurance of a perfect sloping shower floor eliminating the possible disastrous error of
Trugard One-slope shower trays are specifically designed to be used in conjunction with Trugard’s Truline linear drain, and the Trugard Vapor-shield or Steam-shield waterproofing membrane system.
The popular trend of the One-slope shower trays has come about primarily due to today’s incredible craving for at-home commercial spa-like retreats. Linear drains give great flexibility in design as well as a luxurious elegance and a pampered atmosphere that meets the extreme need to escape for some “me time” to unwind from today’s fast pace high demand world and to “recharge” to meet another stressful day. The “craze” of transforming additional task oriented bathroom into an escape oasis, often include barrier-free shower entrances built-in seats, benches, and adequate inset niches.
Note: Standard One-slope such as mosaics and other format tiles smaller than 4” x 4”, require cement board or Hardiboard to be installed on top of Polystyrene trays because a very strong or heavy concentrated pressure downward may allow the small tiles to press downward into the tray when installed directly onto the tray. Therefore, installation of tiles directly onto the TruSlope shower trays require floor tiles to be no smaller than 4” x 4” square for all Standard TruSlope Center Drain trays, Standard One-slope trays, and also Low-profile Curbless One-slope trays. A major benefit of One-slope tray is that large format tiles can be used and are generally preferred over small format tile anyway.
1a. Pre-fit the shower tray by measuring then cutting the tray to fit the desired placement.
1b. For standard trays, place the linear drain onto its side marking the trench length then cutting out the “trench-cut-out-area” so that the drain trench sits down into the tray and the drain flanges sit on top of the tray.
2. For Low-profile trays, cut a rectangular hole into the floor substrate in the desired drain location to allow the linear drain trench to snugly fit down into the floor substrate, with the drain flanges being supported by the floor substrate.
3a. Apply modified or unmodified thin-set mortar to the substrate using a ¼ “ x ⅜ “ square-notched trowel.
3b. Place the TruSlope shower tray onto the thin-set mortar.
3c. Use TruSeal Sealant adhesive or thin-set mortar to bond the butt joints of the tray pieces together. Note: The sub-floor must be level. Leveling must be done prior to placing the tray.
4a. Embed the tray into the mortar by firmly walking on the TruSlope tray. Note: Low-profile trays require an approximate ¾ “ x 2ft. X 2ft. Plywood or similar flat object to ensure even embedding of the thin part of the tray.
4b. Lift and check the underside of the Standard tray only (not Low-profile trays), to ensure complete coverage is achieved, then repeat step 4a for standard One-slope trays.
Note: Modified Rapidset or Speedset thin-set mortar is recommended for the setting of the TruSlope tray and TruCurb system when possible for a quicker cure time. (not required) Modified thin-set mortar is recommended for use over gypsum board and cement backerboard substrates. Also modified thin-set mortar is recommended over the Vapor-shield membrane for tile installation. (One popular brand we recommend is VersaBond from Home Depot.) Premium quality unmodified thin-set mortar is also approved and may be used if desired.
5. Install the Trugard Drain by generously applying modified or unmodified thin-set mortar and embedding Truline Linear Drain into the thin-set mortar.
Note: If there is no access from below use a PVC pipe nipple and cement glue coupling to connect the plumbing waste line while simultaneously embedding the drain.
6. If a TruCurb will be used, Pre-fit the TruCurb by measuring and cutting the curb to length using a standard handsaw.
Note: Curb-free showers generally use low-profile trays and need no curb, while standard One-slope trays generally always require a curb.
7. Pre-cut the floor pieces of the Trugard Vapor-shield allowing for the membrane to go up the wall at least three (3) inches by cutting the membrane six (6) inches longer than the floor width. Use a non-sharp pencil to mark the wall to floor intersections and corners. Cut the full corner (3” x3”) square out of the membrane and discard.
8. Apply modified or unmodified thin-set mortar to: 1. The floor wall ends, 2. The edge of the shower tray using a ¼ “ x ⅜ “ square-notched trowel. 3. Back butter the curb bottom and ends and then pressing the curb firmly into place.
9. Now you are ready to Apply Trugard Vapor-shield or Steam-shield with modified or premium quality unmodified thin-set mortar to the Truslope tray substrate a 1/8" x 1/8" square notched trowel or 1/4" x 3/16" V-notched trowel as described in the Trugard Vapor-shield instruction handbook.
Congratulations! Your TruSlope Tray and TruCurb shower dam are successfully installed!